The plasma place is 40 or so minutes from our house, and just 10 minutes farther is one of my favorite stores. It's a resale shop that buys and sell used kids stuff. I'm so close, even though I don't feel the greatest, I still have to go check out what they have. Husband drops me off and heads over to Portillo's to score a beef and cheddar croissant. I wander around for about five minutes before I start to get light headed. Blah. I sit on the floor in the clothing aisle and look at the clothes on the bottom rack. I recover, or so I think, and stand up. Look at a few more things and then I'm light headed again. Repeat step one. I go through this process about four times when I call Husband to see where he is. He's in the parking lot. Awesome. I go out for a well earned beef & cheddar. I get in the car and look for whatever he got to drink, because I am beyond thirsty. He got chocolate cake shakes. Don't get me wrong, chocolate cake shakes are one of the most awesome inventions ever, but not when you're so thirsty you're ready to drink puddle water.
There is a K-Mart on the way home so I have him stop there for something to drink. We're both all light headed and gross through K-Mart, but on a small stroke of genius I decide that I need some Pedialyte. Back in the car I break open my oral rehydration solution and drink some down. I can almost feel my cells start to plump up again. I pass some to husband and make him drink. He isn't the biggest fan of Pedialyte and will only drink it when I make him, so I made him. Between the two of us we finished a bottle about half way through the car ride. I felt completely better. Husband felt better too, but he credits food before Pedialyte. For me it was definitely the Pedialyte.
We call my Mom to check on the three stooges, and she says they're fine. We run a few more errands, go to pick them up, and all is as it was before the 'donation.' Well, not really all. Husband has a huge bruise on his arm, needle holes in both arms, and I have a pretty nice hole in my arm too.
When you finish they take medical wrap about half an inch wide and wrap around your arm super tight so you stop bleeding. It makes it impossible to bend your arm fully, but you have to leave it on for the drive home because you don't want to start bleeding all over yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment