Tuesday, December 21, 2010

How did it come to THIS?

We need money.  Who doesn't these days?  My husband (we aren't legally married, just, um, spiritually?) works a full time job for decent pay and I stay at home to take care of our three kids.  About two years ago the company Husband works for fell on some hard times when the economy took a crap on all of us, and he ended up having to take a 10% pay cut.  It sucks, but we were both just grateful that he still had a job after two rounds of lay-offs.  Right before that pay cut we found out we were expecting out third child, and since two car seats and a 9 year old boy were not going to fit in the back seat of my Saturn, we decided to buy a mini-van.  So the order of operations went like this: Oops! You knocked me up again! + We need a bigger vehicle - 10% of paycheck = OH SHIT 
So for the last two years we have been falling deeper and deeper into debt.  Yeah, we're part of the problem.  Make me a bumper sticker.
I was trying to come up with ways to make legitimate money from home, and stumbled across something about donating plasma.  "Donating" is kind of misleading, because you get paid.  I guess you're getting paid for your time and not your actual plasma hence the 'donating' part.  Call it whatever you want as long as you pay me for something.
After more research I found a donation center about 45 minutes from our house.  I talked to Husband about it, and after some convincing he was in.  You have to make an appointment for your first visit, so I did that right from the plasma center's website.  At this point I didn't even know how much we were going to get paid or what any of the procedure was going to be like. 
I asked my Mom to please babysit the three stooges and luckily she agreed.  Your first appointment is expected to take around 3 or 4 hours and we did not want to have to juggle the kids back and forth around that.  So we dropped the kids off at Grandma's and were on our merry little way.

No comments:

Post a Comment